- There are kids that not only play offense and defense, but also can play two or three positions on each side of the ball.
- At least one (and probably more) of the linemen are 180 pounds or less
- A single family has two sons playing, dad is part of the chain gang, daughter is helping with stats, and mom is working a shift in the concession stand. (Not to mention the uncle who is a volunteer coach, cousin running the scoreboard, and another uncle in the color guard).
- Someone brings a cooler and school officials just smile and wave because they know it is an egg delivery
- The ticket takers do not bother to ask students for admission fees because all of them are either playing, student managers, cheerleaders, or in the pep band
- Parking on the track goes all the way around the field and car horns celebrate every touchdown. The vehicles are also a handy way to warm up during halftime.
- At least once during the season, play has to be stopped because a three year old ran onto the field after recognizing his/her older brother
- Even the kids over at the school playground stop what they are doing when the national anthem is played
- The young kids from the home and visiting teams all find each other for a pick up game
- The foreign exchange student is always the field goal kicker