Valentine’s Day on the farm does include all of the normal gifts like flowers and chocolate, but farmers and ranchers often show their creativity on this day. Here is a listing of Valentine gifts for farm wives. I have gotten some of these, but other submissions came from farm wife friends and relatives. Believe it or not, most of these made the recipients very happy!
- Garden hose (because hubby ruined the best one watering cows in the winter)
- New insulated coveralls
- Pile of manure for the garden
- Blank signed check taped to the garden store catalog
- Mailbox (to replace the one dented by the snow plow driver)
- Heated water dish for the chickens
Farmers and farm wives….what Valentine’s gifts have you given or received ?
2 thoughts on “Farm Wife Valentine Gifts”
This year I got a baby calf, clean cattle lots and lunch at our favorite bar – it doesn’t get much better than that!
Here is what my Valentine’s Day was like: http://jentsfrontporch.blogspot.com/2012/02/and-man-says-he-doesnt-celebrate.html
Your flowers are beautiful!
Thanks! I loved your post–especially the new calf. We are about six weeks away from calves. That is always my favorite time of year!!